The 28 Greatest Moments In The History Of Sarcasm
These people are sooo clever.posted on June 17, 2014, at 11:02 a.m.
1. Siri technically doing exactly what you asked her to do.
2. That wall hanging you bought for your grandma that she clearly never even read.
3. This sign that doesn’t feel totally necessary.
4. Listening to your parents, just like they raised you to do.
5. This billboard that practically dares people to deface it.
6. The sign that made clear an issue we were already totally clear on.
7. Brands being a little too positive about a comment you know was not your best work.
8. This sign that is so sarcastic that it’s actually working against itself.
9. The sign that should have been more specific. Their bad.
10. The license plate that’s at least aware of its irony.
11. w3c’s perfect response to this concerned programmer.
12. The guy who realized that there’s a time and a place for sarcasm. Nailed it.
13. I mean, if the sign says it, it must be OK. Right?
14. Making a sign is like making a wish. You have to be way more specific.
15. You should probably keep an eye on your syntax as well.
16. This hurricane survivor’s message of gratitude for the tireless efforts of his insurance company.
17. The sign so repetitive, it’s just begging to be vandalized. The sign so repetitive, it’s just begging to be vandalized.
The sign so repetitive, it’s just begging to be vandalized.
18. Wasting Away’s note to his helpful, unwitting nutritionist.
19. The return of Clippy where you’d least expect him.
20. The victim of lunch theft that’s essentially just inviting you to steal his lunch.
21. The guy who DID ask for an explanation.
22. The sign that rightly apologized.
23. This college student whose stick figure game is on point.
24. This guy who did the math.
25. This earnest interaction between two people on the same page.
26. This corner store that is proudly up to code.
27. A third-grader who is bring sarcastic at a sixth-grade level.
28. This teacher who will never make that typo again.
21 Times Advertisers Were Diabolical Geniuses
The spirit of Don Draper lives on.posted on June 18, 2014, at 10:20 a.m.
1. When they wanted to show that when you’re texting, your eyes aren’t on the road.
TBWA Buenos Aires / Nissan
2. When they put augmented reality technology in a bus shelter.
3. When they advertised allergy cures.
4. When they wanted to advertise the Van Gogh Museum’s cafe.
Van Gogh Musem / Via sortrature.com
5. When British Airways created an advert that pointed out air traffic.
6. When they used park benches.
7. When German advertisers pointed out life is too short for the wrong job.
8. When they wanted you to stop smoking.
9. When they wanted to show off New Zealand’s weather.
10. When these showers appeared on a beach.
Sprite / Ogilvy & Mather Brasil / Via youtube.com
12. When they wanted to show off a gym.
Savannah College of Art & Design / Via sortrature.com
13. When they showed how difficult life can be for disabled people.
American Disability Association
15. When they wanted to show how comfy a car was.
16. When a South African charity put this in shopping baskets.
Feed SA / Via blogs.ubc.ca
17. When BMW wanted to show why they don’t have front wheel drive cars.
18. When they wanted to show how coffee wakes you up.
Nescafe / Via sortrature.com
20. When they came up with this to advertise Pornhub.
Pornhub / Via Twitter: @Brilliant_Ads
21. And when a cobbler did this.
21 Times Text Messages Are The Only Way To Say It
1. When you’re running late.
2. When you need to help someone out.
3. When you’ve been harbouring a secret.
4. When you need relationship advice.
5. When you need to lay down the law.
6. When your reception is cutting out.
7. When you’re giving tech support.
8. When you’ve got a crush.
9. When poopception happens.
10. When you need to tell someone exactly how much you love them.
11. Exactly how much.
12. When you’re busy.
13. When you need cookery advice.
14. When you met someone in the club.
15. When you need condoms.
16. When someone dies.
17. When someone got drunk.
18. When things are important.
19. When you need to keep things discreet.
20. When you just have to tell someone what you’re doing.
21. When you’re high.
8. The “Wrong Number”.
6. The “Yay I Passed”.
7. The “Harry Potter”.
The 28 Cleverest Things That Have Ever Happened
2. This job ad.
3. This skatepark sign.
7. This poster.
8. The signs in this pub that definitely aren’t adverts.
9. The toilet signs in this pizza place.
11. This graffiti.
13. This off-licence.
14. These answers.
15. Not to mention this one.
17. This sign advertising flights from Australia to the U.S.
18. This homeless guy’s ingenious idea.
19. This tattoo.
20. This act of 21st-century parenting.
21. This festive equation.
22. This 5-year-old boy’s approach to Battleship.
23. When Luigi moved in next door.
24. This gamble.
25. This graph of unparalleled genius.
26. This commuter’s attempt to beat boredom.
27. This mystery section.